Keep your eyes wide open and your head up. These next few years will be a whole jumble of fun and crazy with a few bumps here and there.
First off, you're doing great so far. You've managed to figure out how to get through more than 45 minute long classes and maybe you've finally memorized your student ID number. Here are some tips to help guide you through to graduation:
1. Stop procrastinating. *laughs* We all know that's not possible, but at least try? It'll save you a ton of stress. Turn the phone off. Unplug your tv. Temporarily block distracting websites on your computer. If that doesn't help and you've found yourself sitting there listening to silence because it seems better than having to do work, look deep inside for as much self control that you can find and let it help you get through at least one assignment.
2. Don't worry about what outfit you're going to wear tomorrow or how you'll do your hair. No one really cares besides you. You can dress nicely all you want, but if you decide today is not that day, don't be afraid to throw on some comfortable clothes and a hat. Others will understand and what they think wouldn't matter anyways.
3. Know your limits. Don't sign up for more than you can handle. Doing so will make life less stressful and you'll have room for out-of-the-blue events. Juggling everything will be more bearable.
4. Experience it. High school is only four years. Go out and explore. Attend school events and spend time with your friends. This is a time to make lasting memories whether good or bad. Before you know it your name will be called at graduation, and then it's all over.
5. Friends come and go. The friends you have now may not be the same friends you have next year. Find friends who you trust and genuinely care about. No bad friend is worth stressing over. Like they say; rather one true friend than ten fake ones.
6. Keep an open mind. You don't have to agree with someone else's beliefs or ideas. Understand that we are all different and not everyone is going to accept that.
7. Don't give up. I can't stress the importance of perseverance enough. When things get tough, know that the storm has to come to an end at some point. You will get through it. It can be issues at home, with friends, in the classroom. Don't stop being the awesome person I know you are.
I wish you luck on your journey through high school. It'll be a great few years and an experience that may change your life. Have fun and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Make today the day you look back on and know that it's the day your life changed for the better.
The best of luck to you.